Veterans Day at IU
On Wednesday, November 11, Immaculata University is celebrating Veterans Day with campus-wide events honoring those who have served and continue to serve. All activities and lectures are free and open to the public. All lectures held in the Lillian P. Lettiere Center; Keynote Address by Command Sgt. Maj. Christopher Martinez held in the Great Hall (see schedule below).
Command Sgt. Maj. Christopher M. Martinez is currently the Command Sergeant Major for the United States Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, PA. Throughout his distinguished career, he has received numerous awards and recognitions including several Bronze Star Medals and numerous achievement medals/badges from the Army. He is a member of the Orders of Saint Maurice, Saint George, the prestigious Sergeant Morales Club, and an honorary member of the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club.
Agenda for Day:
• 7:15 a.m. – The Great Hall. Chester County Council Boy Scouts of America Veterans Day Recognition Breakfast with 150 veterans and community leaders in attendance.
Speaker: IU faculty Colonel John C. Church, Jr., USMCR
RSVP for breakfast at email@example.com or 610-696-2900, ext. 116
• 8:45 a.m. – Flag Raising Ceremony with bagpipers. Immaculata chaplain, Father Samuel Verruni officiating; bagpipes by Immaculata faculty member William Watson, Ph.D.
• 9:30 a.m. – Veterans Benefits – Educational and Beyond; Speaker: Chanel N. Santiago, MBA, Veterans Outreach Program Specialist
• 10:30 a.m. – Secret History of Veterans Day; Speaker: IU Professor John Hill, Ph.D.
• Noon – Mass Dedicated to Veterans – Immaculata Chapel in Nazareth Hall
• 1:30 p.m. – Cyber & the South China Sea: Security Challenges for the 21st Century; Speaker: IU Professor James Murray Ph.D.
• 2:30 p.m. – A Brief Examination of the Use of Military Troops in the Homeland; Speaker: George Schwartz
• 3:30 p.m. – 100 Years of Propaganda: WWI to Present Day; Speaker: IU Professor John C. Church, Jr., USMCR
• 6:30 p.m. – Keynote Speaker & Dessert Reception – Great Hall of Immaculata University
To register, please visit http://www.immaculata.edu/veterans-day or call the College of LifeLong Learning at 484-323-3238.
Immaculata University is a Catholic, coeducational institution of higher learning, located on the Main Line between Malvern and Exton, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.