IU to host fashion show benefiting Wings for Success
Enjoy fashion with a purpose at the Spring Fashion Show, Expo and Auction on Saturday, April 2 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Immaculata University’s Great Hall. Immaculata’s Fashion Merchandising Department will host this annual event, in its third year, in partnership with Wings for Success, a local non-profit that offers work-appropriate attire, advice and advocacy to women in need who are seeking employment. Wen Haircare Ambassador Gina Gannon will emcee this fund-raising event.
A $50 advance registration admission ticket will entitle attendees to:
• Watch a fashion show featuring the newest looks from local boutiques and designers, as well as Immaculata student designers.
• Cheer on teams of Wings for Success clients and volunteers in a catwalk competition as they vie to create the best look.
• Enjoy a fabulous selection of sweet and savory brunch treats, and browse vendor tables offering fashion and beauty products and services.
• Place silent auction bids on designer accessories.
• Take part in a workshop previewing Spring Fashion Trends. Chris Baeza, Immaculata’s Fashion Merchandising program director, will moderate one of the workshops.
All proceeds will benefit the work of Wings for Success, a Chester County non-profit, which annually serves more than 600 women seeking to move forward from challenging situations such as unemployment, homelessness, domestic abuse, and recovery from addiction.
Advanced registration for the full event is recommended and available on the Wings for Success website here until March 26, 2016. A limited number of admission tickets will be available at the door on April 2 for $65 until venue capacity is reached. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
“The Immaculata University Fashion Merchandising Department is delighted to partner once again with Wings for Success to put on this event,” says Baeza. “Wings for Success is the perfect partner for our Fashion Merchandising program because of our shared focus on fashion with a purpose. The affiliation with Wings gives our students a real-life demonstration of the transformative difference that style and fashion can make in how women feel about and present themselves.”
Immaculata’s Fashion Merchandising program incorporates core values and business dynamics to support the rising trend of “fashion with a conscience.” The program provides students with a background in fashion, business and liberal arts, and provides many hands-on learning experiences.
Immaculata University is a Catholic, comprehensive, coeducational institution of higher education, located on the Main Line between Malvern and Exton, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.