8th Annual Spirituality Day
On Saturday, April 12, Immaculata University hosted its 8th Annual Spirituality Day as part of the Spirituality Under the Dome series. Special keynote speakers included Father Richard Fragomeni’s morning presentation on God is on the Journey Too: Do Not Be Afraid and Gail Froyen’s afternoon presentation, Trails of Light.
Participants have eight course offerings to choose from throughout the day:
· The Spirituality of Recovery: Managing the Journey Where the Blacktop Ends, presented by Sister Elizabeth Monica Acri, IHM
· Relational Spirituality, presented by Rev. William E. Dean
· Question and Answer Session with Morning Keynote speaker – Father Richard Fragomeni (offered during the a.m. session only)
· God Walks among the Pots and Pans, presented by Michelle Franci-Donnay
· Evolutionary Spirituality: Moving the Universe and Our Souls Forward, presented by Sister Julia Keegan, OSF
· Finding Peace in the Storm, presented by David E. Martinson, Ph.D.
· Visio Divina: Seeing the Word, presented by Sister Patricia Mengel, IHM
· Growing Spirituality for Life: What is Our Heart’s Desire? Can There be Spirituality without Religion? How Do the Trinity and Baptism Answer These Questions? presented by Ernie Sherretta, D.Min.
Father Richard Fragomeni
Father Fragomeni, a priest of the Diocese of Albany, NY, is a member of the Catholic Theological Union faculty in Chicago. His teachings keep him current and versed in Roman Catholic theology, interpretation theory, and poetry.
Knowing that stories can help us look inside and understand our own stories, storyteller Gail Froyen will highlight a variety of spiritual journeys. Some of the journeys are only a few steps long, while other stories wind, twist and turn to bring the listener to continued self-discovery.
This event was focused on “reflect[ing] on how God is accompanying us on our journey, how we might notice what God is doing in our lives and how we might respond in our daily lives,” stated Sister Mary Henrich, IHM, assistant professor of Theology and program director for Spirituality Under the Dome.
For more information about future Spirituality Under the Dome events, contact Sister Mary at email@example.com or call 610-647-4400, ext. 3434.
Immaculata University is a Catholic, comprehensive, coeducational institution of higher education, located on the Main Line between Malvern and Exton, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.